Workshop on Great Strategy When You are Busy, and Getting Busier
This one-day workshop entitled ‘Great Strategy When You are Busy, and Getting Busier’ will be presented by Dr Simon Haslam, Strategy Consultant.
What do I gain from this workshop?
- An appreciation of the limits of classic strategy models and how today’s turbulent times have changed strategy.
- An understanding of the main reasons why strategic decisions go wrong.
- Insight into the psychology and biases at work in decision making, and how to mitigate against their effects.
- An exploration of the ‘discovery led’ approach to strategic decision making, the recommended approach for strategic decision making in contemporary organisations.
- A checklist of ideas for individual leaders and their organisations to help improve strategic decision making.
This workshop is now fully booked but a waiting list is in operation. If you'd like to be added, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous delegate feedback:
“For senior managers working in commercial organisations, attending the IoD ‘Great Strategy When You Are Busy, and Getting Busier’ workshop is a MUST.”
Paul Nolan, Associate Director for International Programmes, RCSI
Booking and Cancellation Policy
- IoD members - €425 ex VAT
- Non-members - €485 ex VAT
Places can only be confirmed on receipt of full payment. Cancellations will be accepted if received in writing by Thursday, 5th March 2020. However, there will be a 50% cancellation charge. All fees are forfeited thereafter. Workshop fees are also non-transferrable.
IoD workshops may be eligible for CPD, including Chartered Director CPD. Please check with your relevant professional body. IoD workshops are admissible as part of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) CPD scheme and would count towards “Active” learning. Workshops may also be eligible for CPD with Chartered Accountants Ireland, the Law Society of Ireland, the Institute of Banking, the Insurance Institute of Ireland, and the Life Insurance Association. Please check with your relevant professional body or call 01 411 0010 or email email@example.com for further information.
Please note that photos and/or filming may take place at these workshops for media publication and for future marketing purposes. For further information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Dr Simon Haslam, Strategy Consultant|
|09:00 - 16:30|
|€425 ex VAT for IoD members/ €485 ex VAT for non-members|
|Irish Management Institute, Sandyford Road, Dublin 16|
Dr Simon Haslam has over 20 years' experience as a strategy consultant. Simon is Programme Lead for Strategy at the Institute of Directors. He co-owns Glasgow-based FMR Research Ltd and holds two non-executive director positions.
He is a Visiting Fellow at Durham University Business School, where he leads the Strategic Management module on the MBA and is a double-finalist in the CMI/Institute of Consulting UK ‘Consultant of the Year’ awards (runner-up in 2011). His clients include award winning public, private and third sector organisations.