Workshop on Great Strategy When You're Busy, and Getting Busier
What do I gain from this workshop?
- An appreciation of the limits of classic strategy models and how today’s turbulent times have changed strategy
- An understanding of the main reasons why strategic decisions go wrong
- Insight into the psychology and biases at work in decision making, and how to mitigate against their effects
- An exploration of ‘discovery led’ approach to strategic decision making, the recommended approach for strategic decision making in contemporary organisations
- A checklist of ideas for individual leaders and their organisations to help improve strategic decision making.
Booking and Cancellation Policy
Early Bird rates of €350 for IoD members and €410 for non-members will apply for those who book and pay for their workshop(s) by close of business on Friday 21st December. The cost thereafter is €425 for IoD members / €485 for non-members.
Places can only be confirmed on receipt of full payment. Cancellations will be accepted if received in writing by Monday, 28th January 2019. However, there will be a 50% cancellation charge. All fees are forfeited thereafter. Workshop fees are also non-transferrable.
IoD workshops may be eligible for CPD, including Chartered Director CPD, please check with your relevant professional body. IoD workshops are admissible as part of the Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment (CISI) CPD Scheme and would count towards “Active” learning. Workshops may also be eligible for CPD with Chartered Accountants Ireland, the Law Society of Ireland and the Institute of Banking. Please check with your relevant professional body or call 01 411 0010 or email email@example.com for further information.
|Dr Simon Haslam , Strategy Consultant|
|09:00 - 16:30|
|€350 ex VAT IoD members / €410 ex VAT non-members - Early Bird Rate|
|Irish Management Institute, 16 Sandyford Road, Sandyford, Dublin 16|
Dr Simon Haslam has over 20 years' experience as a strategy consultant. He is Programme Lead for Strategy at the Institute of Directors. Simon co-owns Glasgow-based FMR Research Ltd, and holds two non-executive director positions. He is a Visiting Fellow at Durham University Business School, where he leads the Strategic Management module on the MBA and is a double-finalist in the CMI/Institute of Consulting UK ‘Consultant of the Year’ awards (Runner-Up in 2011). His clients include award winning public, private and third sector organisations.
Workshop material is prepared by presenters and produced by the IoD wholly and exclusively for use by workshop participants. Please note that workshop material is provided in hard copy to all participants. We regret that requests for additional or soft copies of material cannot be accommodated.