IoD Webinar The Changed and Changing Landscape for Directors - The New Reality
As part of our ongoing work to share exclusive content and insights with members, we are delighted to invite you to join our upcoming webinar entitled, 'The Changed and Changing Landscape for Directors - The New Reality' with Ken Casey, Partner and Head of Corporate, Hayes solicitors.
2020 has been the most unexpectedly challenging year for businesses and business leaders.
While the impact of COVID-19 is likely to continue to generate further challenges in 2020 and beyond, it is worth pausing now to consider recent key changes in the law and corporate governance standards, and to look ahead to anticipate and prepare for expected key changes.
In this webinar, Ken Casey will discuss the following key elements:
- Recent Company Law changes, as well as guidance and compliance statements from the Office of the Director of Corporate Enforcement (ODCE) and the Companies Registration Office (CRO).
- Directors responsibility to stakeholders.
- Overcoming challenges to hold effective board meetings and governance.
- Data protection and cyber-security.
- Board diversity and other broader corporate governance trends.
Please note, there will be a live Q&A facility for this webinar.
How to view this webinar
- To view this webinar, please register to attend via the below 'Member Booking' button.
- All registered attendees will receive a joining instructions email on Wednesday, 16th September, with a link to where you can access the webinar.
- This webinar will take place via the online platform Zoom. Please download Zoom to your system before the webinar to ensure you can view the webinar.
- We would ask all registered attendees to do a test of the Zoom platform in advance to ensure it works for them. To do this, please click on the following Zoom Test page. If you need any further support, please visit the Zoom support page for more information.
- On the morning of the event, please then click the webinar link in the joining instructions email and you will be able to view the webinar. Please note it will prompt you for your email address before you can join, this is required feature of the Zoom platform. For more information on this, please view: Zoom Video Communications GDPR Compliance.
|Ken Casey, Partner and Head of Corporate, Hayes solicitors|
|09:30 - 10:15|
|Free of charge. IoD Members only|
|IoD Morning and Evening Briefings Series is kindly sponsored by Mazars|
Ken Casey is Partner and Head of Corporate at Hayes solicitors. Ken has built a practice based on over 25 years’ expertise in mergers, acquisitions and capital markets transactions across industry sectors, including financial services, healthcare, aviation, gaming, technology, media and sports.
Ken advises on corporate governance and company, business and general corporate law matters. His extensive experience includes advising boards, individual directors, executive teams, chairpersons and shareholders on a broad range of business issues – hostile takeovers, business sales and purchases, joint ventures, corporate re-organisation’s and restructuring, solvency challenges, shareholder disputes and regulatory reviews.
High profile work includes the purchase of Aer Lingus; the sale of Tayto; the Apple escrow; the sale of London City Airport; the Curragh Racecourse joint venture and redevelopment; the Smurfit Group take-private; the purchase following public tender of the Irish National Lottery licence; the purchase of 34% of Bank of Ireland; the sale of Giraffe Childcare; the sale of MontLake; setting up GloHealth; and advising on the first Irish dawn raid.
Mazars is an international partnership specialising in audit, tax, consulting and financial advisory services.
In Ireland, we employ over 450 people in Dublin, Limerick and Galway and work with large corporate companies and Public Interest Entities and small to mid-sized indigenous businesses to assist clients at every stage in their development.
We operate in 89 countries, including Ireland and overall, we draw on the expertise of 40,000 professionals - 24,000 in the Mazars integrated partnership and 16,000 via the Mazars North America Alliance.
To find out more visit the Mazars website.